This Warrant and the securities issuable upon exercise of this Warrant have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Act”), or qualified under any state or foreign securities laws and may not be offered for sale, sold, pledged, hypothecated or otherwise transferred or assigned unless (i) a registration statement covering such shares is effective under the act and is qualified under applicable state and foreign law or (ii) the transaction is exempt from the registration and prospectus delivery requirements under the act and the qualification requirements under applicable state and foreign law and, if the Company requests, an opinion satisfactory to the Company to such effect has been rendered by counsel.
This Warrant is issued pursuant to that certain Advisory Agreement between the Company and Skyway Capital Markets LLC, a Florida corporation dated June 1, 2018.
Original Issue Date: June 1, 2019.
For value received, Morphogenesis, Inc., a Florida corporation (the “Company”), hereby grants to [____], or its registered assigns (the “Holder”) the right to purchase from the Company [____] duly authorized, validly issued, fully paid and nonassessable shares of Common Stock at a purchase price per share of $0.75 (subject to adjustment as provided herein, the “Exercise Price”), all subject to the terms, conditions and adjustments set forth below in this Warrant. Certain capitalized terms used herein are defined in Section 1 hereof.
1. Definitions. As used in this Warrant, the following terms have the respective meanings set forth below:
“Aggregate Exercise Price” means an amount equal to the product of (a) the number of Warrant Shares in respect of which this Warrant is then being exercised pursuant to Section 3 hereof, multiplied by (b) the Exercise Price in effect as of the Exercise Date in accordance with the terms of this Warrant.
“Board” means the board of directors of the Company.
“Business Day” means any day, except a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, on which banking institutions in the city of Tampa, Florida are authorized or obligated by law or executive order to close.
“Common Stock” means the common stock, par value $0.0001, of the Company, and any capital stock into which such Common Stock shall have been converted, exchanged or reclassified following the date hereof.
“Company” has the meaning set forth in the preamble.
“Convertible Securities” means any securities (directly or indirectly) convertible into or exchangeable for Common Stock, but excluding Options.
“Exercise Date” means, for any given exercise of this Warrant, the date on which the conditions to such exercise as set forth in Section 3 shall have been satisfied at or prior to 5:00 p.m., Tampa, Florida time, on a Business Day, including, without limitation, the receipt by the Company of the Exercise Agreement, the Warrant and the Aggregate Exercise Price.
“Exercise Agreement” has the meaning set forth in Section 3(a)(i).
“Exercise Period” has the meaning set forth in Section 2.
“Exercise Price” has the meaning set forth in the preamble.
“Fair Market Value” means, as of any particular date: (a) the volume weighted average of the closing sales prices of the Common Stock for such day on all domestic securities exchanges on which the Common Stock may at the time be listed; (b) if there have been no sales of the Common Stock on any such exchange on any such day, the average of the highest bid and lowest asked prices for the Common Stock on all such exchanges at the end of such day; (c) if on any such day the Common Stock is not listed on a domestic securities exchange, the closing sales price of the Common Stock as quoted on the OTC Bulletin Board, the Pink OTC Markets or similar quotation system or association for such day; or (d) if there have been no sales of the Common Stock on the OTC Bulletin Board, the Pink OTC Markets or similar quotation system or association on such day, the average of the highest bid and lowest asked prices for the Common Stock quoted on the OTC Bulletin Board, the Pink OTC Markets or similar quotation system or association at the end of such day; in each case, averaged over twenty consecutive Business Days ending on the Business Day immediately prior to the day as of which “Fair Market Value” is being determined; provided, that if the Common Stock is listed on any domestic securities exchange, the term, “Business Day” as used in this sentence means Business Days on which such exchange is open for trading. If at any time the Common Stock is not listed on any domestic securities exchange or quoted on the OTC Bulletin Board, the Pink OTC Markets or similar quotation system or association, the “Fair Market Value” of the Common Stock shall be the fair market value per share as determined by the Board in good faith and shall be final and conclusive.
“Holder” has the meaning set forth in the preamble.
“Options” means any warrants or other rights or options to subscribe for or purchase Common Stock or Convertible Securities.
“Original Issue Date” means June 1, 2019.
“OTC Bulletin Board” means the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority OTC Bulletin Board electronic inter-dealer quotation system.
“Person” means any individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, joint venture, trust, incorporated organization or government or department or agency thereof.
“Pink OTC Markets” means the OTC Markets Group Inc. electronic inter-dealer quotation system, including OTCQX, OTCQB and OTC Pink.
“Sale Event” means a merger, acquisition, stock purchase, or other consolidation or business combination transaction pursuant to which the stockholders of the Company immediately prior to such transaction own less than 50% of the aggregate voting power of the Company or successor or surviving entity in the transaction.
“Warrant” means this Warrant and all warrants issued upon division or combination of, or in substitution for, this Warrant.
“Warrant Shares” means the shares of Common Stock or other capital stock of the Company then purchasable upon exercise of this Warrant in accordance with the terms of this Warrant.
2. Term of Warrant. Subject to the terms and conditions hereof, at any time or from time to time after the date hereof and prior to 5:00 p.m., Tampa, Florida time, on the seventh anniversary of the Original Issue Date or, if such day is not a Business Day, on the next preceding Business Day (the “Exercise Period”), the Holder of this Warrant may exercise this Warrant for all or any part of the Warrant Shares purchasable hereunder (subject to adjustment as provided herein).
3. Exercise of Warrant.
(a) Exercise Procedure. This Warrant may be exercised from time to time on any Business Day during the Exercise Period, for all or any part of the unexercised Warrant Shares, upon:
(i) surrender of this Warrant to the Company a its then principal executive offices (or an indemnification undertaking with respect to this Warrant in the case of its loss, theft or destruction), together with an Exercise Agreement in the form attached hereto as Exhibit A (each, an “Exercise Agreement”), duly completed (including specifying the number of Warrant Shares to be purchased) and executed; and
(ii) payment to the Company of the Aggregate Exercise Price m accordance with Section 3(b).
(b) Payment of the Aggregate Exercise Price. Payment of the Aggregate Exercise Price shall be made, at the option of the Holder as expressed in the Exercise Agreement, by the following methods:
(i) by delivery to the Company of a certified or official bank check payable to the order of the Company or by wire transfer of immediately available funds to an account designated in writing by the Company, in the amount of such Aggregate Exercise Price; or
(ii) by instructing the Company to issue Warrant Shares then issuable upon exercise of all or any part of this Warrant on a net basis such that, without payment of any cash consideration or other immediately available funds, the Holder shall surrender this Warrant in exchange for the number of Warrant Shares as is computed using the following formula:
X = the number of Warrant Shares to be issued to the Holder.
Y = the total number of Warrant Shares for which the Holder has elected to exercise this Warrant pursuant to Section 3(a).
A= the Fair Market Value of one Warrant Share as of the applicable Exercise Date.
B = the Exercise Price in effect under this Warrant as of the applicable Exercise Date.
In the event of any withholding of Warrant Shares pursuant to clause (ii) above where the number of shares whose value is equal to the Aggregate Exercise Price is not a whole number, the number of shares withheld by the Company shall be rounded down to the nearest whole share and the Holder shall make a cash payment to the Company (by delivery of a certified or official bank check or by wire transfer of immediately available funds) based on the incremental fraction of a share being so withheld by the Company in an amount equal to the product of (x) such incremental fraction of a share being so withheld multiplied by (y) in the case of Common Stock, the Fair Market Value per Warrant Share as of the Exercise Date.
(c) Delivery of Stock Certificates. Upon receipt by the Company of the Exercise Agreement, surrender of this Warrant and payment of the Aggregate Exercise Price (in accordance with Section 3(a) hereof), the Company shall, as promptly as practicable, and in any event within 60 Business Days thereafter, execute (or cause to be executed) and deliver (or cause to be delivered) to the Holder a certificate or certificates representing the Warrant Shares issuable upon such exercise, together with cash in lieu of any fraction of a share, as provided in Section 3(d) hereof. The stock certificate or certificates so delivered shall be, to the extent possible, in such denomination or denominations as the exercising Holder shall reasonably request in the Exercise Agreement and shall be registered in the name of the Holder or, subject to compliance with Section 6 below, such other Person’s name as shall be designated in the Exercise Agreement. This Warrant shall be deemed to have been exercised and such certificate or certificates of Warrant Shares shall be deemed to have been issued, and the Holder or any other Person so designated to be named therein shall be deemed to have become a holder of record of such Warrant Shares for all purposes, as of the Exercise Date.
(d) Fractional Shares. The Company shall not be required to issue a fractional Warrant Share upon exercise of any Warrant. As to any fraction of a Warrant Share that the Holder would otherwise be entitled to purchase upon such exercise, the Company shall pay to such Holder an amount in cash (by delivery of a certified or official bank check or by wire transfer of immediately available funds) equal to the product of (i) such fraction multiplied by (ii) the Fair Market Value of one Warrant Share on the Exercise Date.
(e) Delivery of New Warrant. Unless the purchase rights represented by this Warrant shall have expired or shall have been fully exercised, the Company shall, at the time of delivery of the certificate or certificates representing the Warrant Shares being issued in accordance with Section 3(c) hereof, deliver to the Holder a new Warrant evidencing the rights of the Holder to purchase the unexpired and unexercised Warrant Shares called for by this Warrant. Such new Warrant shall in all other respects be identical to this Warrant.
4. Adjustment to Exercise Price and Number of Warrant Shares Upon Dividend, Subdivision or Combination of Common Stock. If the Company shall, at any time or from time to time after the Original Issue Date, (a) pay a dividend or make any other distribution upon the Common Stock payable in shares of Common Stock, or (b) subdivide (by any stock split, recapitalization or otherwise) its outstanding shares of Common Stock into a greater number of shares, the Exercise Price in effect immediately prior to any such dividend, distribution or subdivision shall be proportionately reduced and the number of Warrant Shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant shall be proportionately increased. If the Company at any time combines (by combination, reverse stock split or otherwise) its outstanding shares of Common Stock into a smaller number of shares, the Exercise Price in effect immediately prior to such combination shall be proportionately increased and the number of Warrant Shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant shall be proportionately decreased. Any adjustment under this Section shall become effective at the close of business on the date the dividend, subdivision or combination becomes effective.
5. Early Termination Upon Sale Event. Notwithstanding anything in this Warrant to the contrary, this Warrant must be exercised on or before that date which is 20 calendar days after the Holder’s receipt of written notice from the Company of any of the following events that have been approved by the Board (each, an “Exercise Event”): (a) a Sale Event, orj(b) any voluntary dissolution, liquidation or winding-up of the Company. If this Warrant is not exercised within the time period set forth in this Section 5, then this Warrant shall expire and all rights and obligations of the Warrant Holder shall terminate at the end of such periods, as applicable; provided, however, that if the Exercise Event subject to the notice provided to the Warrant Holder in accordance with this Section 5 fails to close or otherwise take effect, then this Warrant will remain outstanding in accordance with its terms. If payment of the Exercise Price is made under Section 3(b)(ii), the Fair Market Value of one Warrant Share will be deemed to be the value per share of Common Stock received by the holders of the Company’s Common Stock pursuant to the Sale Event.
6. Market Standoff Agreement. Holder shall not sell, dispose of, transfer, make any short sale of, grant any option for the purchase of, or enter into any hedging or similar transaction with the same economic effect as a sale, any Common Stock (or other securities, including without limitation the Warrant Shares) of the Company held by such Holder, for a period of time specified by the managing underwriter(s) (not to exceed 180 days following the effective date of a registration statement of the Company filed under the Securities Act in connection with the first underwritten public offering of Common Stock. Holder agrees to execute and deliver such other agreements as may be reasonably requested by the Company and/or the managing underwriter(s) which are consistent with the foregoing or which are necessary to give further effect thereto. In order to enforce the foregoing covenant, the Company may impose stop-transfer instructions with respect to such Common stock (or other securities) until the end of such period. The underwriters of the Company’s stock are intended third party beneficiaries of this Section and shall have the right, power and authority to enforce the provisions hereof as though they were a party hereto.
7. Transfer of Warrant. Subject to the transfer conditions referred to in the legend endorsed hereon, this Warrant and all rights hereunder are transferable, in whole or in part, by the Holder, upon surrender of this Warrant to the Company at its then principal executive offices with a properly completed and duly executed Assignment in the form attached hereto as Exhibit B, together with funds sufficient to pay any transfer taxes in connection with the making of such transfer. Upon such compliance, surrender and delivery and, if required, such payment, the Company shall execute and deliver a new Warrant or Warrants in the name of the assignee or assignees and in the denominations specified in such instrument of assignment, and shall issue to the assignor a new Warrant evidencing the portion of this Warrant, if any, not so assigned and this Warrant shall promptly be cancelled.
8. Holder Not Deemed a Stockholder; Limitations on Liability. Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, prior to the issuance to the Holder of the Warrant Shares to which the Holder is then entitled to receive upon the due exercise of this Warrant, the Holder shall not be entitled to vote or receive dividends or be deemed the holder of shares of capital stock of the Company for any purpose, nor shall anything contained in this Warrant be construed to confer upon the Holder, as such, any of the rights of a stockholder of the Company or any right to vote, give or withhold consent to any corporate action (whether any reorganization, issue of stock, reclassification of stock, consolidation, merger, conveyance or otherwise), receive notice of meetings, receive dividends or subscription rights, or otherwise.
9. Compliance with the Securities Act.
(a) Agreement to Comply with the Securities Act; Legend. The Holder, by acceptance of this Warrant, agrees to comply in all respects with the provisions of this Section 9 and the restrictive legend requirements set forth on the face of this Warrant and further agrees that such Holder shall not offer, sell or otherwise dispose of this Warrant or any Warrant Shares to be issued upon exercise hereof except under circumstances that will not result in a violation of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”). This Warrant and all Warrant Shares issued upon exercise of this Warrant (unless registered under the Securities Act) shall be stamped or imprinted with a legend in substantially the following form:
“THIS WARRANT AND THE SECURITIES ISSUABLE UPON EXERCISE OF THIS WARRANT HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “ACT”), OR QUALIFIED UNDER ANY STATE OR FOREIGN SECURITIES LAWS AND MAY NOT BE OFFERED FOR SALE, SOLD, PLEDGED, HYPOTHECATED OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED UNLESS (I) A REGISTRATION STATEMENT COVERING SUCH SHARES IS EFFECTIVE UNDER THE ACT AND IS QUALIFIED UNDER APPLICABLE STATE AND FOREIGN LAW OR (II) THE TRANSACTION IS EXEMPT FROM THE REGISTRATION AND PROSPECTUS DELIVERY REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE ACT AND THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS UNDER APPLICABLE STATE AND FOREIGN LAW AND, IF THE CORPORATION REQUESTS, AN OPINION SATISFACTORY TO THE CORPORATION TO SUCH EFFECT HAS BEEN RENDERED BY COUNSEL.”
(b) Representations of the Holder. In connection with the issuance of this Warrant, the Holder specifically represents, as of the date hereof, to the Company by acceptance of this Warrant the Holder understands and acknowledges that this Warrant and the Warrant Shares to be issued upon exercise hereof are “restricted securities” under the federal securities laws inasmuch as they are being acquired from the Company in a transaction not involving a public offering and that, under such laws and applicable regulations, such securities may be resold without registration under the Securities Act only in certain limited circumstances. In addition, the Holder represents that it is familiar with Rule 144 under the Securities Act, as presently in effect, and understands the resale limitations imposed thereby and by the Securities Act.
10. Notices. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given: (a) when delivered by hand (with written confirmation of receipt); (b) when received by the addressee if sent by a nationally recognized overnight courier (receipt requested); (c) on the date sent by facsimile (with confirmation of transmission) if sent during normal business hours of the recipient, and on the next Business Day if sent after normal business hours of the recipient; or (d) on the third day after the date mailed, by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid. Such communications must be sent to the respective parties at the addresses indicated below (or at such other address for a party as shall be specified in a notice given in accordance with this Section 9).
|If to the Company:||Morphogenesis, Inc.|
|10500 University Center Drive, Suite 100|
|Tampa, FL 33612|
|Attention: Chief Executive Officer|
|with a copy to:||Johnson Pope|
|401 E. Jackson Street, Suite 3100|
|Tampa, FL 33602|
|If to the Holder:||[___]|
11. Entire Agreement. This Warrant constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the parties to this Warrant with respect to the subject matter contained herein, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings and agreements, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter.
12. Successor and Assigns. This Warrant and the rights evidenced hereby shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and the successors of the Company and the successors and permitted assigns of the Holder. Such successors and/or permitted assigns of the Holder shall be deemed to be a Holder for all purposes hereunder.
13. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Warrant is for the sole benefit of the Company and the Holder and their respective successors and, in the case of the Holder, permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other Person any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever, under or by reason of this Warrant.
14. Headings. The headings in this Warrant are for reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Warrant.
15. Amendment and Modification; Waiver. Except as otherwise provided herein, this Warrant may only be amended, modified or supplemented by an agreement in writing signed by each party hereto. No waiver by the Company or the Holder of any of the provisions hereof shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the party so waiving.
16. Governing Law. This Warrant shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Florida.
17. Submission to Jurisdiction. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or based upon this Warrant or the transactions contemplated hereby may be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of Florida in each case located in the city of Tampa and County of Hillsborough, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding. Service of process, summons, notice or other document by certified or registered mail to such party’s address set forth herein shall be effective service of process for any suit, action or other proceeding brought in any such court. The parties irrevocably and unconditionally waive any objection to the laying of venue of any suit, action or any proceeding in such courts and irrevocably waive and agree not to plead or claim in any such court that any such suit, action or proceeding brought in any such court has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
18. Waiver of Jury Trial. Each party acknowledges and agrees that any controversy which may arise under this Warrant is likely to involve complicated and difficult issues and, therefore, each such party irrevocably and unconditionally waives any right it may have to a trial by jury in respect of any legal action arising out of or relating to this Warrant or the transactions contemplated hereby.
19. Counterparts. This Warrant may be executed in counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall be deemed to be one and the same agreement. A signed copy of this Warrant delivered by facsimile, e-mail or other means of electronic transmission shall be deemed to have the same legal effect as delivery of an original signed copy of this Warrant.
20. Construction. This Warrant shall be construed without regard to any presumption or rule requiring construction or interpretation against the party drafting an instrument or causing any instrument to be drafted.
The Company has duly executed this Warrant on the Original Issue Date.
|Title:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Accepted and agreed,|